Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves: 4
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 500g-750g (1-1 ½ lb) monkfish tails, skinned
- 1 onion, quartered and layers separated
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 courgette, cut into 8 pieces
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Watercress or flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh root ginger
- 2 fresh chillies, red or green or 1 of each, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 lemon grass stalks, finely chopped
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 glass red wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients of the marinade in a large bowl. Cut the fish into large cubes and add to the marinade with the onion, mushroom and courgette.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend.
- Brush the rack of the grill pan lightly with oil to prevent the kebabs from sticking.
- Thread 4 skewers with alternate chunks of fish, mushrooms, courgette and onion.
- Brush with a little oil and grill under a preheated hot grill for about 10 minutes, turning at intervals.
- Garnish with watercress or flat leaf parsley.
Or You Could Try…..
Use any firm white fish such as halibut, sea bass, swordfish, cod or haddock, if you prefer.