Preparation time: 10 minutes. Serves: 2
- 50g rolled jumbo oats
- 1 tablespoon sultanas or raisins
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 25g ready to eat dried chopped apricots
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice, such as apple, or orange juice or water
- 2 small eating apples, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons skimmed milk, soya milk, and natural yogurt or Soya yogurt.
- Place the oats, sultanas or raisins, seeds, almonds and apricot in a bowl with the fruit juice or water.
- Add the grated apple and stir to mix
- Top with skimmed milk, soya milk, and natural yogurt or Soya yogurt.
A softer mixture, by soaking the oats, sultanas, and raisins with the fruit juice or water overnight,
Almonds and other nuts may help to lower your risk of heart disease. They are high in cardio-protective nutrients such as vitamin E, folate, magnesium, copper, and arginine. Almonds are the richest nut source of vitamin E, one of the antioxidants believed to play a role in reducing the risk of heart disease by preventing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
Heart diseases are potentially avoidable and preventable. if you want to beat heart disease, rethinking your lifestyle can help reduce many of the risk factors of heart diseases such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, and being overweight.