Health Club, Spa, and Animation provide very essential services to enhance guests’ recreation and physical fitness during their stay at a hotel. The following are the recommended procedures for this department;
- Guests will be greeted warmly and welcomed to the health club.
- All staffs should be conversant with all health club equipment and facilities.
- The regular guests will be issued with a locker key.
- They will be advised to carry the key while using the facility.
- Upon the guest’s departure, the receptionist will bid the guest a warm farewell thanking them for their patronage.
- Equipment in the locker room should always be clean and in proper working condition.
- Guests should be briefed on the use of all the locker room facilities.
- Locker room toiletries will always be amply stocked, clean and well arranged.
Gym and Aerobic Studio
- The instructor on duty greets guests and issue them with a hand towel.
- Fresh fruit juice will at all times be available to guests during their workout.
- Brief guests on the use of the different cardiovascular machines and isotonic equipment.
- The instructor will always be available to supervise, assist and motivate the guest where necessary.
- Gym and aerobics equipment will always be clean and in proper working condition.
- Safety measures on equipment Instructions should be displayed in the gym area.
- The instructor will bid the guest a warm farewell inquiry on their next workout session.
- The pool and side furniture and facilities will always be clean and in proper working condition.
- Issue appropriate clean and folded the towel to the guests.
- The attendant on duty will always be on standby when the pool is in use.
- Appropriate life-saving equipment and signage will be visible and displayed to ensure guest safety.
Spa and Massage
- Spa associates will maintain impeccable standards of grooming and personal hygiene.
- The Spa surroundings, ambiance, treatments and customer care must reflect relaxation at all times.
- When taking reservations the associates will upsell the various massage treatments offered.
- The therapist will welcome guests upon entry to the massage room.
- Guests will experience a pristine treatment room with fresh linen and towels.
- The therapist will maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Animation team will be well knowledgeable about the activities and events offered.
- Upsell the various animation activities available, to guests whenever possible.
- A staff should assist or participate in all sports arenas when in use.
- The animation equipment should be clean and sterilized and in proper working condition.
- The notice boards should have updated information neatly and clearly displayed.
- Maintain a lively attitude at all times when interacting with guests.
Health Club, Spa, and Animation are vital sections in the hospitality industry. It adds value to guests experience by providing opportunities for recreation activities as well as team building.