Apple crepes are delicious meal than you cannot afford to miss. It is easy to make at home without straining. Diabetic people always experience tough times during festive seasons. If you are one of them, I encourage you to try this striking diabetic friendly apple crepe recipe. It is very tasty and full of vital nutrients for your body.
Ingredients for the Pancakes
• 1/4 cup home baking flour
• 1/4 cup corn flour
• 3/4 cup low fat milk
• a pinch salt
• 1/4 tea spoon melted low fat butter
Ingredients for the Apple Filling
• 2 tea spoon low fat butter
• 2 apples, sliced
• 1 table spoon fresh honey
• 1/4 tea spoon cinnamon powder
• 1 tea spoon lemon juice
1/2 tea spoon low fat butter for greasing
Procedure for the Pancakes
• Mix the home baking flour, corn flour, milk, salt and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well until no lumps remain. Put aside.
• Grease a non-stick pan with butter and pour 2 tbsp of the mixture, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
• As the pancake sides begin to peel off, turn it around to cook the other side for a few seconds.
• Repeat with the remaining batter to make four more pancakes. Put aside.
Procedure for Apple Filling
• Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the prepared apple slices, fresh honey, cinnamon powder, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water and mix thoroughly.
• Cook on a moderate flame until the apple slices are cooked, stirring once in-between.
• Portion the apple filling into 5 equal portions and put aside.
Proceed as follows;
• Put a pancake on a clean dry, flat surface and place a portion of the apple filling on one half of the pancake.
• Fold over the pancake on the filling to make a semi-circle.
• Duplicate the process with the remaining ingredients to make four more crepes.
• Serve as soon as possible.
Guidelines for the Best Results
• Do not overcook the apples as the filling will become soggy, making it difficult to serve the crepes.