Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves: 1
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 125g (4oz) Cod or haddock fillet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons natural yogurt
- Place the fish in a non-metallic dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cover and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the coriander, garlic, and chili in a food processor or blender and process until the mixture forms a paste. Add the sugar and yogurt and briefly process to blend.
- Place the fish on a sheet of foil. Coat the fish on both sides with the paste. Gather up the foil loosely and turn over at the top to seal. Return to the refrigerator for at least hour.
- Place the parcel on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven, degrees C (400 degrees F) gas mark 6, for about 15 minutes until the fish is just cooked.
Or You Could Try….
Combining, for example, chicken, steak or salmon with your favorite vegetables and herbs and bake in foil to provide a flavorful dish complete with its own homemade sauce.
Cod is a low-fat white fish, a good source of protein and a useful source of iron. It has only 0.3g omega-3 fatty acids per 125g (4oz) portion but nevertheless will still make a contribution to your omega-3 intake. People who eat fish regularly are less likely to die from heart disease than those who rarely or never eat it.